Web Toolbar by Wibiya
Login | Sign Up AnonymousUser
twiter
New to Comunitee?


or Sign Up with Email

Us

>> NEW YORK CITY Latest News

MAY 10, 2016 - Wall Street Journal

A Must Read - Share

Union Financed Fight to Block Airbnb in City

A group funded by a top hotel-trades union helped devise a multifaceted lobbying effort to persuade New York City politicians to curb home-share services.

Tags: Union Financed Fight to Block Airbnb in City,  New York City Latest News

MAY 09, 2016 - San Francisco Chronicle

A Must Read - Share

Time Warner Cable outages in NYC area

NEW YORK (AP) — Time Warner Cable is experiencing major outages with its cable and phone service in the New York City area. The company on Monday released a statement on its Twitter feed saying there were multiple fiber cuts at network providers affecting phone and some TV services. The company apologized for the inconvenience and said they were working ...

Tags: Time Warner Cable outages in NYC area,  New York City Latest News

MAY 09, 2016 - San Francisco Chronicle

A Must Read - Share

Chance of "transportation Armageddon"? 25 percent says study

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Lengthy environmental studies could increase the likelihood that the 106-year-old rail tunnel between New Jersey and New York City would have to close for repairs before a new tunnel is built, a situation one lawmaker has referred to previously as a "transportation Armageddon," a study released Monday said. Last summer, after tunnel problems caused widespread delays ...

Tags: Chance of "transportation Armageddon"? 25 percent says study,  New York City Latest News

MAY 09, 2016 - Seattle Times

A Must Read - Share

Chance of “transportation Armageddon”? 25 percent says study

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A new study says there’s a 25 percent chance the 106-year-old rail tunnel into New York City will have to close for repairs before a new one is built. That would cut rail traffic into and out of the nation’s largest city by 75 percent at peak times and could lead […]

Tags: Chance of “transportation Armageddon”? 25 percent says study,  New York City Latest News

MAY 09, 2016 - Reuters

A Must Read - Share

Major New York landlord accused of forcing out tenants to convert units

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A major New York City landlord was accused on Monday of using harassment, intimidation and fraud to force rent-regulated tenants out of his buildings in order to convert their apartments to more profitable market-rate units.

Tags: Major New York landlord accused of forcing out tenants to convert units,  New York City Latest News